Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Outside My Window... it's only just getting light, all I can see in the dim light is the workshop wall because this window does not have a view to the outside world!
I am thinking... it's getting chilly in the morning and I wish I was still at home curled up in the arms of my husband.
I am thankful for... my children
From the kitchen... someone has began to emulsion the walls of the bathroom. It's very cold in the kitchen.
I am wearing...black pinstriped trousers,a black jumper, and I forgot to change my footwear so I still have blue converse on. 
I am going... to try and get to life drawing class as much as possible.
I am creating... panda hats which need finished off, 30 little owls for wedding favours, rabbits and a bear which need limbs etc attached, a series of self portrait drawings.
I am reading... Fern Britton, New Beginnings which I bought so I had something to read at work when it's quiet. I have read the cover so far and nothing else!

I am hoping... that my son is going to be okay and at the end of the day love will conquer all.
I am hearing... the hum of computers and the fridge with an underlying current of distant traffic.
Around the house... there are a million jobs needing done, I keep hoping I will come home and someone else will have done at least one of them.
One of my favorite things... is seeing someone else smile.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: at some point, I need to get the house in order, do the messages, tidy the studio and take photos for my Folksy shop.

This month's picture thought I am sharing...
:) Jogging Memories
Earlier in the month I received an email from one of the yarn companies advertising their new patterns for this season. When I clicked through to the website I checked out the free patterns first and there was this guy.
Almost 13 years ago, I knitted this dinosaur as a present for my daughters from their, still to be born, baby brother. 
He was a much loved dinosaur, cuddled so much that his stuffing had been flattened and he was decidedly floppy in comparison to the one in this picture. Ours also had a tshirt knitted into the pattern but it is the same pattern and instantly recognisable to my teenage daughters. It brought a smile to everyone's face and it's lovely when unexpected things turn up and do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment