Pages

Thursday 18 June 2009

Oops


My hedgehog mutated into a bear! The initial little hedgehog shape became a little head, which then found a whole body and accessories!
Grey bear is quite little and I'm out of embroidery thread so he doesn't quite look like I want yet. I had to make him a nice warm scarf to give him some comfort until he gets a face! (He looks like Rupert the Bea now).
I'm currently making a bigger version which I attached eyes too but I have a feeling that this one isn't going to be right either and I'll wish I'd embroidered eyes instead.

Back in the hedgehog realm, I had a look at various other toy hedgehogs. There's a lot of fake fur involved generally and cute though they are they are all too similar. I am hoping my idea works so that my hedgehog is definitely original but definitely still a hedgehog.
I'll need to finish bear 2 first as I'm determined not to have a pile of half done things any more. (Ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment